These three summer cocktail recipes are the perfect mix of pretty and punchy (promise!)
Summer is the season for celebrating! If you're looking for the perfect drink for a summer party, baby shower, homecoming party, bridal shower, bachelorette party (or anytime you want a signature cocktail), these recipes are sure to be your new favorite.
We've got you covered with three of the prettiest, yummiest drinks we've ever seen - the Pineapple Colada, Rum Sunset, and Citrusy Champagne Punch!
If you're looking for a refreshing, citrus signature cocktail, you'll love our first recipe, the Citrus Champagne Punch! It's light and refreshing - you will LOVE it for having the girls over or celebrating a special occasion.
1. Citrus Champagne Punch
Ingredients - everything you will need to make Citrus Champagne Punch!
- Fresh Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice
- Fresh Orange Juice
- dry or Brut Champagne (or Sparkling Wine/Prosecco)
- Simple Syrup
- The grenadine doesn't make or break this drink, but it sure is pretty! If you're running short on time and don't happen to have grenadine on hand, you can leave it out. Your punch will still be a crowd favorite and totally instaworthy.
- There are a couple of reasons you might want to cut back on the simple syrup in this recipe! If your grapefruit juice has added sugar, you prefer a drink that's less sweet, or your champagne is on the sweeter side, just experiment with the amount of simple syrup you use.
- If you want to make your drinks extra pretty, add in some edible flowers or delicate herbs like thyme. You could even add a decorative straw to take it up a notch. If you don't have edible blooms to decorate with, save some of those citrus peels from earlier. Still a gorgeous way to elevate your punch!
Citrusy Champagne Punch Recipe
- 1 (750 ml) bottle champagne or sparkling wine chilled
- 4 ounces ruby red grapefruit juice
- 4 ounces orange juice
- 4 ounces simple syrup
- 1 ounce grenadine
- Pour chilled champagne into a punch bowl.
- Slowly pour in the grapefruit juice, orange juice, simple syrup and grenadine.
- Garnish with citrus slices or fresh flowers! Cheers!
2. Pineapple Coladas
Our next drink is a little more labor-intensive, but totallyyyyy worth it. Warning: you may get addicted to drinking from a pineapple. #sorrynotsorry
If you're looking for a crowd-pleasing drink that your friends are sure to remember, these pineapple coladas are the answer! This tropical drink is perfect for themed summer parties, like tiki parties! Each person gets their own pineapple, so it's a fun way to serve up a classic drink. You will LOVE this.
- 2 PINEAPPLES, TOPS SLICED OFF
- 4 OZ. LIGHT RUM
- 1 OZ. DARK RUM
- 4 OZ. COCONUT CREAM
- SPLASH OF PINEAPPLE JUICE
- SPLASH OF COCONUT MILK
USING A PINEAPPLE CORER, REMOVE TOP 3/4 OF INSIDE PINEAPPLES. (BE CAREFUL NOT TO PIERCE THROUGH BOTTOM OF PINEAPPLE—YOUR DRINKS WILL LEAK!) USE A KNIFE TO CAREFULLY REMOVE REMAINING CORE; DISCARD.
CHOP ONE CORED PINEAPPLE INTO LARGE CHUNKS AND ADD TO A BLENDER WITH LIGHT AND DARK RUMS, COCONUT CREAM, PINEAPPLE JUICE, AND COCONUT MILK. (RESERVE SECOND CORED PINEAPPLE FOR LATER USE.) FILL THE BLENDER WITH ICE AND BLEND UNTIL SLUSHY.
POUR DRINKS INTO CORED PINEAPPLES AND TOP WITH A PAPER UMBRELLA.
Check out the original recipe here.
3. Rum Sunset
We've all enjoyed a tequila sunrise, but as Kenny Chesney says, "everything gets hotter when the sun goes down". Our third cocktail recommendation is a rum-soaked spin on the classic Tequila Sunrise. It's perfect for summer block parties - simple, sultry, citrusy, and delicious.
If you're throwing a party, keep in mind this recipe serves two, so just multiply the recipe to fit the number of guests you'll be serving.
- 12 oz. orange juice
- 3 oz. light rum
- 2 tbsp. grenadine
- lime slices, for garnish
- Combine orange juice and rum. Set aside 1/3 of the mixture.
- Pour 2/3 of the orange juice mixture into 2 ice-filled glasses. Set aside.
- Mix reserved orange juice and rum with 2 tbsp. grenadine. Slowly pour into each glass so it settles on the bottom, creating an ombré effect.
- Garnish with lime slices.
Check out the original post here.
I hope you enjoyed these gorgeous drink recipes! If you try one out, be sure to let us know at fidgeyray.com!
Need more inspo? Check out these posts:
Feeling a little sore after incorporating a run into your workout plan? Try these stretches that are essential for runners, whether you're a pro or just enjoying the nice fall weather with a light jog.