Hi everyone! Here at Fidgey Ray, we sell a TON of graphic tee shirts. Today we wanted to do a deep dive on how to wash and take care of your graphic tees to keep them in mint condition for as long as possible. When you're washing graphic tees, it's important to focus on a few key factors to preserve the quality of your shirt for as long as possible.
Most of the shirts we sell on the site are sublimation print or screen print, and some also have bleach detailing. So, if you're wanting to know how to take care of screenprinted or sublimated tees, keep reading. We've got you covered!
Here are a few key ways to maintain the quality of your screen-printed or sublimation print graphic t-shirts:
- Always wash in cold water. Washing your graphic t-shirts in hot water can cause the fabric to shrink, dye to fade, and vinyl to crack. Always wash your graphic t-shirts in cold water to preserve the integrity of the fabric.
- Use non-phosphorous detergent. When you're washing your graphic tees, you want to ensure that you're not causing additional agitation. Ensuring you are using a gentle, mild, non-phosphorous detergent will prolong the life of your t-shirts.
- Wash inside out. This helps protect from potential fading!
- Remove from washing machine immediately. Reduce the possibilty of the dye bleeding and fabric weakening by removing your tees from the wash immediately after washing.
- Don't use chlorine bleach. Obviously, this can cause changes in the color of your tee, but it can also weaken the fabric.
- Wash alone (without other garments). Washing graphic tees by themselves help to reduce the transfer of dyes and color to and from your other garments.
We hope this helps you take care of your favorite t-shirts! If you want to pick up a few new tees and upgrade your closet, definitely check out our graphic tee collection here. Make sure to let us know you read this by tagging us on instagram @fidgeyray!
Until next time, babes! xx, Katie