If you haven't been hiding under a rock, you've probably seen some pretty amazing vintage outfits. But if you're looking to take your vintage inspirations to the next level, you need to complete the look with a vintage-inspired makeup look. We've scoured the web for our top 3 vintage-inspired makeup looks. Enjoy!
So, let's chat quickly about what constitutes a vintage makeup look. Glamour Daze teaches us the 5 key points of 1970s makeup:
1. Shimmer Shadows are used on the eyelids with mascara on the top and bottom lashes.
2. Eyebrows are kept natural, brushed, and tamed with ‘clear’ mascara.
3. Light liquid formulas and opalescent or pearl powders are used for a healthy glow.
4. Bronze powders are applied liberally all over the face; berry shades on the apples of the cheek.
5. Shiny clear glosses or pink and nude pearl lipsticks coat the lips.
Read their full article and take a peek at the diagram here.
Without further ado, here are our favorite looks!
1. Ciona Johnson-King's 70s Look
If you're looking for a vintage look with a modern twist, celebrity makeup artist Ciona Johnson-King demonstrates a super simple retro look. Featuring lacquer lips, faux freckles, and bronzed cheekbones, this look gives us all the California Vibes.
Check out the full tutorial here.
2. Priscilla (The Glitter Guide) 1970s Tutorial
We love this super-simple look by Priscilla. She walks you through the entire process, from foundation to mascara. Priscilla says:
'This was the decade that “glitter” made its first appearance in Vogue. Cream shadows and blushes were the latest inventions in cosmetics, and bronzer was a girl’s best friend. The makeup trends evolved from natural beauty in the early ’70s all the way to high drama during the disco fever of the late ’70s. For the modern girl, a sun-kissed natural look is a great ’70s style that is completely wearable and flattering.' Read the full article here.
3. Tori's World 1970s Makeup Interpretation
Last but definitely not least, Tori from Tori's World shows us a period look inspired by the 1970s. Featuring a deep emerald green eyeshadow, pink lips, and dark eyes, we are obsessed with this look (especially for fall!). Check out her tutorial here.
I hope you enjoyed these three looks, and you feel like a retro queen when you wear them!